Date of Issue:
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children and give support to other team members throughout the nursery. To work as part of a team to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children play, learn and develop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evenings
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where
needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment
- Work alongside the Manager and team to ensure the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the nursery
- Reporting accidents to the Room Leader
- Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received
Specific childcare tasks
- Preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child’s stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is cared for appropriately and managers notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual
children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
The following duties are ones which all staff are required to perform:
- Observe health and safety procedures and work safely at all times;
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as
appropriate to the working environment and location, and developments in your role;
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children for whom you are responsible and with
whom you come into contact;
- Undertake any other duties as required by your manager in order to meet the changing
needs and demands of the nursery.
Conduct yourself with professionalism, tact and diplomacy at all times as a representative
of Green Door Nursery.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know their principal duties. It may be amended in consultation with the holder without change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the post.
During the course of your employment, the Green Door Nursery is required to tell you about the personal data that we collect about you and what we do with that information, including how we use, store, transfer and secure your personal data. You shall at all times comply with all relevant data protection legislation and all obligations imposed on you under the Green Door Nursery’s data protection policy and privacy notice from time to time in force.